Logan’s field of practice at Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers is multidisciplinary, with his experience covering contentious and non-contentious matters. He is regarded for his familiarity with Vietnam’s regulatory environment. Recognised by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020 and 2021) as a ‘Next Generation Partner’ for Corporate and M&A, Arbitration, Logan has been praised of being “responsive, intelligent, well-spoken, prompt, pragmatic, and extremely knowledgeable about the issues in the cases ” and “providing workable solutions” across a number of key practice areas.
As a part of Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers’ broader Corporate and M&A practice, Logan has acted for SMEs and MNCs in corporate transactions and greenfield projects across multiple industry sectors.
Logan’s domain expertise lies in the technology sphere, and he is active in the firm’s Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) practice. His clients have ranged from start-ups to global players, where he has advised on a broad range of regulatory matters, including cybersecurity, data protection and privacy, cybersecurity incidents / data breaches, e-commerce, IP, gaming, and market entries of disruptive technologies. Logan's experience also covers TMT policy work, where he has advised on and developed advocacy concerning Vietnamese legislation.
In the firm’s Dispute Resolution practice, Logan specialises in international arbitration. He has advised or acted as counsel in disputes adjudicated under the arbitration rules of the ICC, SIAC, HKIAC, VIAC, CAA and the Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution.
Logan also helms the firm’s Shipping/Maritime practice. His experience has seen him act for or advise in both wet and dry shipping matters for ship owners/managers, P&I clubs, insurers, and logistics companies.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Assisted a global internet company on numerous regulatory and policy matters in Vietnam, including in developing policy positions and inputs to industry group papers covering proposed broadcasting, cross-border advertising, e-commerce, cybersecurity, and Internet services legislation.
- Advised a leading OTT platform service on the regulatory aspects of its business in Vietnam, as well as assisted in policy matters concerning Vietnam’s proposed broadcasting legislation.
- Acted for iflix in its joint venture in Vietnam and market entry for the launch of an SVOD service in Vietnam.
- Assisted Huya in its launch of “Nimo TV”, an e-sports streaming and live broadcasting platform, in Vietnam, and acted as counsel on ongoing compliance and day-to-day operational matters.
- Assisted Zilingo in the launch of their business in Vietnam and acted as counsel on ongoing compliance and day-to-day operational matters.
- Assisted Visa on various matters in Vietnam, including regulatory compliance, data protection and privacy and general legal affairs as to its existing operations.
- Advised a major Chinese mobile company on its proposed launch of various product offerings in the Vietnam market, including a proprietary mobile application distribution platform and telecommunications services.
- Advised a Korean company on launching its digital wallet and dual cryptocurrency and fiat currency payment card product.
- Advised for Grab on the consolidation of its operations in Vietnam, and other day-to-day legal matters.
- Assisted UOB in the launch of its online corporate banking operations in Vietnam.
- Acted for a leading F&B company in its acquisition of proprietary food delivery software and a team of developers in Vietnam.
- Advised a major German technology company in the launch of its IoT services and other software offerings in Vietnam.
- Assisted a Vietnamese insurer on the development of its cyber insurance product in Vietnam, among the first of its kind to be launched in the country by a local insurer.
- Advised numerous internet companies, including Facebook, ByteDance/TikTok, Google, Airbnb and Alibaba, on Vietnamese regulatory matters.
- Assisted numerous Vietnamese and global companies on data privacy and protection matters, including on the development of company policies.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted for Mapletree Investments in its US$215 million acquisition of Kumho Asiana Plaza Saigon from Asiana Airlines and Kumho Industrial.
- Acted for HLT Healthcare (a joint venture between Hong Leong and TPG) in the Vietnam elements of its US$1.2 billion acquisition of Columbia Asia Healthcare, which includes two full-service hospitals and one clinic in Vietnam.
- Acted for a leading Asian developer in its US$50+ million sale of its industrial property development business to an industrial and logistics property developer.
- Acted for HP in the Vietnam elements of its US$1.05 billion global acquisition of Samsung’s printer business.
- Acted for Mapletree Logistics Trust in its S$43 million acquisition of a 66,800 m2 GFA logistics facility in Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park, Binh Duong Province, and subsequent leaseback arrangement.
- Acted for Mapletree Logistics Trust on the Vietnam elements of its $53 million proposed acquisition of two logistics properties in southern and northern Vietnam.
- Acted for the owners of a Vietnamese digital media company in their proposed US$350+ million sale of a majority equity stake to a private equity firm.
- Acted for NakedHub in the Vietnam elements of its global US$400 million equity sale to WeWork.
- Acted for NakedHub in its joint venture with Gaw Capital for the rollout of its “NakedHub” branded co-working space business in Vietnam.
- Acted for China Triumph International Engineering (CTIEC) in its US$210 million joint venture with two Vietnamese state-owned companies for the development of industrial projects in northern Vietnam.
- Acted for Givaudan in its acquisition of Vietnamese flavour house, Golden Frog
- Acted for a Hong Kong developer in its US$40 million sale of a land parcel and residential condominium project in Ho Chi Minh City to a Vietnamese developer.
- Acted for Broadtree Partners in the Vietnam elements of its acquisition of Vital Care Industries.
- Acted for Aura Private Equity in its investment in Kim Dental, Vietnam's largest dental clinic chain, during its Series B fundraising round led by ABC World Asia.
- Acted for a leading Chinese consumer goods company on the divestment of its entire distribution business in Vietnam
- Acted for Kajima Corporation in its acquisition of Indochina Riverside Towers in Danang from the Indochina Group.
- Acted for the Nam Long Group in its joint venture with Hankyu Realty and Nishi-Nippon for the development of the US$28 million Valora Kikyo Residence project.
- Acted for Mizuho Asia Partners in its investment in Pham Nguyen Confectionary.
- Acted for Pilmico in its acquisition of animal feeds company, Europe Nutrition.
Dispute Resolution (International Arbitration)
- Acted for a Vietnamese state-owned company as respondent in a US$1+ billion SIAC arbitration brought under an EPC contract for a thermal power plant project.
- Acted for a Vietnamese quasi-governmental state agency as respondent in two parallel ICC arbitrations in relation to the construction of a US$500+ million highway and cross-river tunnel.
- Acted for a Singaporean EPC contractor as claimant in an ICC arbitration in relation to the construction of aviation fuelling facilities in Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
- Acted for bank as claimant in a SIAC arbitration concerning an M&A transaction.
- Acted for a European offshore drilling company as claimant in a VIAC arbitration in relation to the operation of a jack-up oil rig.
- Acted for a Vietnamese individual as respondent in a landmark VIAC arbitration in relation to an alleged post-employment breach of a non-compete covenant.
- Acted for a Vietnamese oil and gas company as respondent in a VIAC arbitration in relation to the sale and purchase of a US$6.5 million FPSO vessel.
- Acted for a European confectionary manufacturer as respondent (and counterclaimant) in a VIAC arbitration in relation to the production and sale of tins.
- Acted for a Vietnamese trading company as respondent in an ICC arbitration in relation to the sale and purchase of carbon.
- Acted for a Thai trading company as claimant in a VIAC arbitration in relation to the sale and purchase of rice.
- Acted for a Chinese construction company against as respondent in a VIAC arbitration in relation to equipment rental for a residential development.
- Acted for a Japanese trading house as claimant in a VIAC arbitration in relation to the sale and purchase of chemicals.
- Acted for a Vietnamese steel trader as claimant in a Swiss arbitration in relation to the sale of hot-rolled steel coils.
- Acted for a Singaporean electronics distributor as claimant in a VIAC arbitration in relation to the supply of computer tablets.
- Acted for a Canadian individual as respondent in a CAA arbitration in relation to the sale of web assets.
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)