Logan’s field of practice at Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers is multidisciplinary, with his experience covering contentious and non-contentious matters. He is regarded for his familiarity with Vietnam’s regulatory environment. Recognised by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017 and 2018) as a ‘Next Generation Lawyer’ for Corporate and M&A, Logan has been praised of being “exceptionally professional and responsive” and “providing workable solutions” across a number of key practice areas.
As a part of Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers’ broader Corporate and M&A practice, Logan has acted for MNCs on cross-border M&As and restructurings, as well as greenfield and brownfield projects across a number of industries. Logan’s domain expertise lies in the technology sphere, and he is active in the firm’s top tier Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) practice. His clients have ranged from start-ups to global technology giants, where he has advised on matters covering cybersecurity, e-commerce, IP, gaming, net neutrality, data protection and privacy, and entries of disruptive technologies.
In the firm’s Dispute Resolution practice, Logan specialises in international arbitration. He has assisted or acted as counsel in disputes adjudicated under the arbitration rules of the ICC, SIAC, HKIAC, JCAA, VIAC, CAA and the Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution.
Logan also helms the firm’s Shipping/Maritime practice. His experience has seen him act for or advise in both wet and dry shipping matters for ship owners/managers, commodities traders, P&I clubs, insurers, and logistics companies.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Acted for a Southeast Asian broadcaster on its market entry and cooperation with a Vietnamese entrepreneur to deliver video-on-demand services in Vietnam.
- Acted for a Southeast Asian satellite broadcasting company on market entry models in Vietnam, including in its collaboration with a Vietnamese MNO.
- Acted for Grab on the consolidation of its operations in Vietnam, and other day-to-day legal matters.
- Assisted a leading European automobile manufacturer on its technology transfer (including concept design) to a Vietnamese automobile manufacturer.
- Acted for a global online hospitality/travel marketplace on its rollout of a new worldwide product in Vietnam to enable users to provide packaged or customised tours to clients.
- Acted for a Vietnamese language centre on the structuring and development of a cross-border EdTech business model.
- Acted for an EdTech company in its Vietnam market entry and deployment of a community-based web and mobile platform, as well as advised on its day-to-day matters.
- Acted for the research arm of a Japanese university in its cross-border technology transfer to a Vietnamese vaccines research facility
- Acted for a Singaporean bank in the rollout of its internet banking platform for Vietnamese corporate banking.
- Acted for a global investment management firm on its Vietnam deployment of an online application to enable users to create, and be remunerated for created, alphas.
- Advised a US company on the regulatory framework surrounding the issuance of commodity-backed cryptocurrencies in Vietnam.
- Advised a Vietnamese e-delivery company on its day-to-day operations and corporate structuring for fundraising purposes.
- Acted for the SPOON Foundation, on a pro bono basis, in rolling out its web-based app, “Count Me In”, to collect, process and use health-related data of orphans, aimed at improving nutrition and feeding practices.
- Acted for a telemedicine provider in its Vietnam market entry and the launch of a web-based app to connect Vietnamese patients with Singapore doctors, and facilitate medical tourism.
- Acted for a Vietnamese insurer on the development and rollout of its cyber-insurance product in Vietnam, among the first of its kind to be launched in the country.
- Advised or acted for major global internet companies on various legal matters, including regulatory compliance, new product offerings, data protection and privacy, anti-trust, and net neutrality.
- Advised various MNCs on regulations pertaining to personal data privacy (including on physical and cloud collection, processing, use and storage), and reviewing/preparing instruments to facilitate the same.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted for Mapletree Investments in its US$215 million acquisition of Kumho Asiana Plaza Saigon from Asiana Airlines and Kumho Industrial.
- Acted as local counsel for HP’s US$1.05 billion global acquisition of Samsung’s printer business.
- Acted for a Chinese state-owned company in its US$200 million joint venture with two prominent Vietnamese state-owned companies for the development of real estate projects in northern Vietnam.
- Acted for Kajima Corporation in its acquisition of the Indochina Riverside Towers in Da Nang City.
- Acted for iflix in its joint venture in Vietnam and subsequent market entry for the launch of an SVOD service in the country.
- Acted for the Nam Long Group in its equity sale and subsequent joint venture with Hankyu Realty and Nishi-Nippon Railroad in respect of the development of the US$28 million Valora Kikyo Residence project.
- Acted for a leading Korean cosmetics company in its regional restructuring and ongoing licensing procedures for its multiple retail outlets across Vietnam.
- Acted for a listed Japanese nursery services provider in its joint venture with a Vietnamese state-owned education company to develop preschools in Vietnam.
- Acted for a Singaporean logistics company in its regional restructuring.
- Acted for a Vietnamese co-working space in its proposed seed round investment from a venture capital firm.
- Acted for a leading construction and engineering company in its business consolidation and company restructuring in Vietnam.
- Acted for a Chinese real estate company in its joint venture and market entry for the development of co-working spaces in Vietnam.
- Acted for Pilmico International (of the Aboitiz Group) in its acquisition of Europe Nutrition JSC, a Vietnam-based animal feeds company.
- Acted as local counsel for Mapletree Logistics Trust’s S$20 million acquisition of a prominent industrial park in southern Vietnam.
- Acted for a Singaporean private equity company in its proposed acquisition of a shopping mall and office complex in Hanoi.
- Acted for Mizuho Asia Partners in its strategic investment in Pham Nguyen Confectionery.
- Acted for a European online travel agency in its corporate restructuring, comprising an equity sale to its joint venture partners and asset transfer.
- Acted for a Southeast Asian coffee maker on the equity acquisition of its Vietnamese partner as a foothold for its distribution activities in Vietnam
Dispute Resolution (International Arbitration)
- A Vietnamese quasi-governmental state agency as Respondent in two ICC arbitrations by a Japanese construction company in relation to the construction of a US$500+ million highway and cross-river tunnel. Ho Chi Minh City seat.
- A Vietnamese steel trader as Claimant in a Swiss arbitration against a Russian steel trader in relation to the sale of hot-rolled steel coils. Geneva seat.
- A Vietnamese oil and gas company as Respondent in a VIAC arbitration against a Marshall Islands shipping company in relation to the sale and purchase of a US$6.5 million FPSO vessel. Hanoi seat.
- A Korean paper manufacturer as Respondent in a JCAA arbitration brought by a Japanese equipment supplier in relation to sale and purchase of JPY 355 million paper-manufacturing equipment. Tokyo seat.
- A Vietnamese company as Respondent in an ICC arbitration against a Serbian rubber product manufacturer in relation to the sale and purchase of coconut-activated carbon. Paris seat.
- A Japanese sogo shosha as Claimant in a VIAC arbitration against a Vietnamese trading company in relation to the sale of chemicals. Ho Chi Minh City seat. A Bermudan drilling company as Claimant in a VIAC arbitration against a Vietnamese state-owned oil company in relation to the operation of a drilling unit. Hanoi seat.
- A Singaporean distributor as Claimant in a VIAC arbitration against a Vietnamese electronics distributor in relation to the provision of computer tablets. Ho Chi Minh City seat.
- A Singaporean construction company as Claimant in an ICC arbitration against a Vietnamese state-owned fuelling company in relation to the construction of fuelling facilities. Ho Chi Minh City seat.
- A European confectionary manufacturer as Respondent (and Counterclaimant) in a VIAC arbitration against a Taiwanese manufacturer in relation to the sale of tins. Ho Chi Minh City seat.
- A Canadian individual as Respondent in a CAA arbitration against an American individual in relation to the sale of web assets. Vancouver seat.
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)