Le Quynh Nhi is a senior associate in Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers’ Corporate Commercial and M&A practice group. Nhi obtained her Bachelor of Laws (Advanced Program) from the Ho Chi Minh City University of Law.
As a core lawyer of the firm’s renowned M&A practice, Nhi’s experience in transaction work is wide-ranging. Working closely with Que, Logan and Duc, she has assisted in spearheading multiple licensing and regulatory projects across a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, trading, construction, technology, media & telecommunications, hospitality, and logistics.
With her team, she maintains an impressive track-record in successful market entries and expansions, as well as transactions in some of Vietnam’s most contentious sectors, thereby playing a critical role in all key stages of M&A transactions and in foreign investor’s strategic entries into Vietnam.
She also expands her practice to employment & benefit sector, in which she has actively assisted various market’s key players in most of their employment-related matters.
Clients have praised Nhi for her careful and 360-degree approach to transaction and investment-related work, including due diligence and licensing.
Mergers & Acquisitions; Market Entry
- Assisted a Japanese sogo shosha on the incorporation of a general trading company to distribute several hundred HS codes, one of the first of its kind in Vietnam.
- Acted for a Singapore-based construction design and engineering company in its proposed listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, including due diligence and regulatory reviews.
- Acted for a leading Korean cosmetics company in its regional restructuring and ongoing licensing procedures for its multiple retail outlets across Vietnam.
- Assisted an Asia-Pacific construction design and engineering company on its Vietnam market entry and licensing aspects.
- Assisted Sumitomo Forestry in its strategic equity investment in and business cooperation with An Cuong Woodworking, a leading Vietnamese furniture manufacturer, including due diligence.
- Assisted a Taiwanese lubricant oil manufacturer in its establishment and operations.
- Assisted in Kajima Corporation’s equity acquisition of Indochina Riverside Towers, owner of the largest mixed-use real estate development in Da Nang City.
- Assisted in Mizuho Asia Partners’ US$9.3 million equity investment in Pham Nguyen Confectionery, including due diligence.
- Assisted JP-Holdings in registration of the foreign loan in relation to its joint venture with a Vietnamese education company to develop preschools in Vietnam.
- Assisted Backer in its majority equity acquisition of BriskHeat.
- Acted for a leading construction and engineering company in its business consolidation and company restructuring in Vietnam.
- Acted for a reputable Japanese logistics company in its joint venture with a Vietnamese logistics company to conduct postal and express services.
- Acted for Pilmico International (of the Aboitiz Group) in its closing stage of the acquisition of Europe Nutrition JSC, a Vietnam-based animal feeds company.
Regulatory Compliance & Corporate Commercial
- Assisted a French food manufacturing company a US-based pharmaceutical company and a Spanish construction material group in their compliance investigations in Vietnam.
- Assisted an international beverages company in its compliance investigations and provided legal advice in relation to its operational compliance matters.
- Advised a European technology group on multiple regulatory aspects and reviewed commercial contracts and distribution contracts.
- Advised a Korean technology company on multiple regulatory aspects relating to its social media network business.
- Advised or acted for major global internet companies on various legal matters, including regulatory compliance, new product offerings, data protection and privacy, anti-trust.
- Advised various MNCs on regulations pertaining to personal data privacy (including on collection, processing, use and storage), and reviewing/preparing instruments to facilitate the same.
- Assisted a Taiwanese company in drafting construction contracts and reviewing contracts for engagement of contractors in relation to its manufacturing facilities.
- Assisted other clients in different industries in drafting and reviewing contracts for their operational purposes, including construction, distribution, goods sale and purchase, service provisions.
Employment & Benefits
- Assisted a Thai manufacturing company in closure of its representative office in Vietnam, including advising on and drafting settlement documents for employment termination.
- Advised a Japanese medical company on its employment compliance matters and drafting labour contracts and independent contractor agreements.
- Advised an international hospital on non-competition agreement in the recruitment of its managerial personnel.
- Advised a foreign mission on multiple employment compliance matters and drafting its employment contracts.
- Assisted a reputable Scottish spirit company in settlement of employment termination.