Nha is a Partner of Rajah & Tann’s Banking & Finance, Corporate Regulatory, M&A and Real Estate Practice Group, and brings with him over 20 years of legal practice experience.
Nha possesses domain expertise in financial and banking transactions, and has been involved in advisory for and drafting of financing documentation for financial institutions. He has been called upon to advise also on introduction of new financial products by banks, as well as transaction structuring in what is arguably one of Vietnam’s most tightly regulated industries.
Nha is also highly capable in advising on M&A transactions and general corporate compliance. He has successfully been involved in the closing of some of Vietnam’s largest M&A transactions.
Prior to joining Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers, Nha was the department head of one of Vietnam’s largest local law firms.
- Advised Fairfax Financial Holdings in its strategic investment into HOSE-listed BIDV Insurance Corporation for approximately US$60 million.
- Acted for Keppel Land in its acquisition and divestment in various projects in Vietnam.
- Advised LGB Pte Ltd in its takeover in a Vietnamese real estate developer for a residential and commercial complex project in District 6, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Acted as Vietnamese counsel to Sea Limited in connection with its US$884 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange, with an over-allotment option for the underwriters to purchase an additional 8.84 million American Depository Shares.
- Acted as Vietnamese counsel to Crystal International Group in connection with its HK$ 4.5 billion IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Son Kim Land Corporation in its joint venture with Hamon Developments for the development of the US$100+ million Gateway Thao Dien Project in District 2, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advised VSIP-SEMCORP Development Company in matters regarding the development of a residential project in Binh Duong Province, Vietnam.
- Advised Tokyu Corporation (via a joint venture with Becamex) on legal matters relating to the development and implementation of a new urban project in Binh Duong Province, Vietnam.
- Advised on Vietnam employment restructuring for Verizon's global acquisition of Yahoo!.
- Assisted H&M Vietnam on various employment matters as drafting labor contracts, employee handbook and advising other employment issues.
- Advised multinational clients, including VISA, Towers Watson, Marks & Spencer, ICOF, Menarini, Robert Walters, Institute of International Education (IIE) and Wipro on various employment matters.
- Advised CapitaLand Vista Company on legal matters relating to sale and purchase of residential housing and lease of office space and retail space.
- Advised one of China’s largest cement companies on its US$250+ million acquisition of a major Vietnamese cement producer.
- Advised Koninklijke Philips on its global restructuring at the onshore Vietnam level.
- Advised Maybank on the grant of a cross-border secured term loan and revolving credit facility to a foreign-invested Vietnamese borrower.
- Advised DBS Bank (Vietnam) on various regulatory and compliance matters in relation to its Vietnam operations.
- Acted as Vietnam counsel for CMX Sunseap Vietnam Solar Power in the financing transactions for the USD 150 million solar farm in Ninh Thuan Province.
- Acted for Maybank in its USD 20 million facility to Song Ma for the financing of the Van Chan Hydropower Project.
- Acted for Innoven Capital in its USD 8 million venture debt loan to Tiki.
- Assisted Nordea Bank on its cash pooling matter in Vietnam.
- Advised a Singaporean real estate developer on project financing transactions involving credit facilities granted by OCBC of US$50+ million.
- Advised a Singapore-Vietnam joint venture on project financing transactions involving credit facilities granted by HSBC of US$50+ million.
- Advised Singapore-Vietnam joint venture on project financing transactions involving credit facilities granted by HSBC of US$40+ million.
- Advised a Japanese bank in the grant of two cross-border term loan facilities to a Singaporean real estate developer, with a total commitment value of over US$120 million.
- Advised a Hong Kong bank on the grant of a cross-border project finance facility (term and revolving) granted to a Vietnamese real estate developer, with a total commitment value of over US$50 million.
- Advised a Malaysian bank on the grant of a cross-border secured term loan and revolving credit facilities to a Vietnamese conglomerate, secured over real property, fixed and future assets, and with a commitment value of approximately US$40 million.
Memberships / Directorships
- Vietnam Bar Federation
- Hue Bar Association
- “British Virgin Islands faces FDI blocks”, http://vir.com.vn, 19 August 2013 (published in English).