Pham Ngoc Linh Lan, a qualified lawyer of the Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association since 2005, is a Senior Associate at Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers, practising in Corporate Commercial, M&A and Dispute Resolution.
Lan has more than 16 years of legal practice in both leading international law firms as a senior associate and multinational corporations as an in-house counsel which enhanced her business sense and acumen to better communicate with a wide array of clientele and better understand their needs.
Lan has been active in advising on various aspects of corporate and commercial matters related to foreign and local investments which include the structuring of investments and regulatory compliance in Vietnam, mergers and acquisitions, legal due diligence exercises, negotiations with third parties and preparation of transactional documents. She also has intensive experience in dispute resolution settlement in relation to contracts and commercial transactions and has further developed particular expertise in real estate and litigation matters. With her detailed knowledge and familiarity with the laws of Vietnam and practices and her experience in international transactions, she is well-placed to provide her clients with international standard and practical legal solutions that comply with the local laws and practices in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Assisted a Korean group in the review of numerous agreements with Vietnamese parties with respect to the construction and operation of cinema complexes.
- Assisted a leading fitness group on all commercial agreements for the purpose of setting up new clubs in Vietnam.
- Advised a Singaporean corporation on multiple regulatory aspects and provided legal advice in relation to its operational compliance matters in Vietnam.
- Advised a Japanese corporation on various legal matters, including regulatory compliance, review of commercial contracts and licensing aspects.
- Assisted a European corporation on the establishment of a wholly foreign-owned limited liability company for the purpose of setting up a manufacturing facility in Long An Province, Vietnam.
- Assisted other clients in different industries in drafting and reviewing contracts for their operational purposes, including distribution, goods sale and purchase, service provisions, etc. and licensing matters.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised a leading investment management and real estate development firm, with a diversified portfolio of USD3 billion in assets under management on its various M&A transactions in Vietnam.
- Advised a leading Singaporean real estate developer on its numerous M&A investment projects in central Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advised a Korean financial group on the acquisition of a five-star hotel in Vietnam.
- Advised a Thailand group that consists of a variety of diverse investments in retail, property development, brand management, hospitality, and food and beverage sectors on its numerous M&A investment projects in Vietnam.
- Advised a Japanese group on the contemplated acquisition of the partial capital contribution in one of Vietnam’s largest property groups for the development of a mixed-used project in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advised a Hong Kong group on structuring for its acquisition of a leading restaurant and coffee shop chain operator in Vietnam.
- Advised a Japanese investor on structuring for its acquisition in one of Vietnam’s largest cement companies.
- Advised a Singaporean property developer on its planned joint venture with one of Vietnam’s largest property groups to develop, build and operate a complex comprising commercial residential buildings and serviced apartments in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advised an European corporation on the acquisition of a majority stake in telecommunication sector.
- Represented a Japanese corporation in recognizing and enforcing the foreign arbitral award in Vietnam.
- Assisted a Malaysian corporation in a dispute related to a real estate project in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Represented a Singaporean group on infringement of intellectual property rights and unfair competition.
- Represented a Singaporean corporation in the lawsuit related to commercial contracts with the Vietnamese parties.
- Assisted several FDI companies in various labour disputes at the Ho Chi Minh City Court.
- Member, Vietnam Bar Federation
- Member, Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association