Trinh Minh Duc, a qualified lawyer of the Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association, is a Partner at Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers, practising in both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Duc has practiced at the firm since its inception in 2006.
He is qualified lawyer in Vietnam with over 13 years of legal practice experience. He has been strongly regarded for his technical expertise in foreign investment law and his experience equips him with the knowledge to advise on both the black-letter law and the law as it is applied in practice in Vietnam.
He has been involved in dozens of M&A transactions and real estate and infrastructure projects over his career, including those of key national significance. His representative clients comprise some of the largest companies in Asia keen to expand their projects in Vietnam.
In the real estate field, Duc has practices with his Partner to spearhead multiple real estate developments. He is able to work closely with the relevant government bodies of all major provinces to successfully close projects and keep developed keen understanding of the practises adopted by each major provinces and municipalities.
Notable Cases & Transactions
Projects, Infrastructure & Energy
- Advised a leading Taiwanese state-owned enterprise on the setup of a US$65+ million lubricant oil manufacturing plant with a specialised port.
- Advised a leading Chinese energy group in a number of solar power projects in Vietnam.
- Assisted a Japanese sogo shosha on the incorporation of a general trading company to distribute several hundred HS codes, one of the first of its kind in Vietnam.
- Advised a prominent Southeast Asian broadcaster on its market entry and cooperation with a Vietnamese entrepreneur to deliver VOD in Vietnam, to be among the first foreign-owned VOD providers in Vietnam.
- Assisted a Japanese investor in acquiring a more than 20% equity stake in a Vietnamese listed logistics company, one of the few successful acquisitions in this restricted line of business.
- Assisted a major American educational organisation on its internal restructuring and acquisition plans to bolster its presence in southern Vietnam.
- Advised a Hong Kong company on structuring for its acquisition of a Vietnamese healthcare product manufacturing company.
- Advised a major Dutch animal nutrition and fish feed manufacturer on their equity takeover of its Vietnamese subsidiary.
- Advised a leading Chinese cement manufacturer in its US$250+ million takeover of one of Vietnam’s largest cement companies.
Banking & Finance
- Advised Novelis Inc. on Vietnamese law matters for its subsidiary’s entrance into a US$1+ billion revolving credit agreement.
- Advised Lombard Asia III L.P. in drafting the amendments and registration with SBV of an offshore loan with a Vietnamese company.
Construction & Real Estate
- Advised the Paujar Group, a Taiwanese conglomerate, on its development of the Docklands residential project in District 7 and their Flemington condominium project District 11, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advised a leading Singaporean real estate developer on its development (and subsequent sales and leasing arrangements) of its shopping complex and commercial real estate developments across southern Vietnam.
- Advised a leading Singaporean real estate developer on its numerous investment projects in central Ho Chi Minh City.
- Advised a Chinese real estate developer on its planned multibillion-dollar project development in Vietnam, including the exploration of PPP models.
- Advised a Hong Kong property developer on its planned joint venture with one of Vietnam’s largest property groups for the development of a mixed-used development in HCMC.
- Advised a Hong Kong property developer on its restructuring and multiple compliance matters pertaining to its residential development in District 2, including spearheading one of Vietnam’s first property splits by a foreign-invested company under the latest Law on Land.
- Member, Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association